Author Topic: Shock absorber chainwheel 1924 2 3/4hp CW  (Read 593 times)

Offline Bart Oor

Shock absorber chainwheel 1924 2 3/4hp CW
« on: 08 Jan 2017 at 09:18 »
Hello,

Just new here om the forum but really enthausiastic!
I recently bought a 1924 2 3/4hp CW and after some first work being done I found some pictures om the internet and discovered that my bike does not have the original chainwheel mounted on the gearbox. (Please find the picture attached of the part which I miss and the not original (?) currently on my bike)
It seems that this part has also been used on other types of Douglas, for example an EW. Is this part interchangeable? With this part I hope to restore the chainwheel and original kickstarter to it's original appearance. Just got it running after resting more then 15 years in a shed and I'm looking forward to take it out for a ride.

If anyone has such a part for sale (any condition) or drawings with dimension, you would make me a very happy person!

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Bart Oor

(The Netherlands)
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2017 at 09:53 by Bart Oor »

Offline richard s1

Re: Shock absorber chainwheel 1924 2 3/4hp CW
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2017 at 18:45 »
Hello Bart
I may be able to help you.   If you email me I can talk about what I've got,  can't promise though!
Regards     
        Richard

Offline Bart Oor

Re: Shock absorber chainwheel 1924 2 3/4hp CW
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2017 at 18:06 »
Hello Richard,

Just send you a reply.

This weekend I managed to get it for a 500m run after almost 20 years in a shed. It wasn't running very smooth but starting was easy after a short push. Perhaps this has to do with my lack of experience in tuning the air/throttle at the same time but could also have been caused by some dirt. Took me quite some time to remove it from the carburator, Magneto and clutch (the complete battle of britain seems to be living there) but the result was all worth it!

Hope to find a chainwheel in order to restore it to it's full glory als a first step but will need some more original parts the next few years.

Next topic will be the brakes, I'll need to survive my future trips. Even on last weekend's snow I wasn't able to block the front wheel... Must have been a very strange sight for my neighbours when I rolled down the hill, moving al sorts of levers and at the same time trying to stop it with my feet on the ground.

Bart

motorcycle