Author Topic: Mark four Douglas Bathurst Australia  (Read 2764 times)

Offline franky

Mark four Douglas Bathurst Australia
« on: 29 Dec 2016 at 09:31 »
I have found a genuine mark four in Bathurst and recently bought it, Iintend to restore it hopefully within a two to three year time frame as a bike I can ride on rallies and local club runs. This bike was verified by Dave Lawrence from the London Douglas Club as the real deal (thanks so much as it has really made my Christmas).
I quoted Dave the engine and frame number and his research has found that it left the factory bound for Australia on 5 May 1950. I am asking if anyone has a restored or complete mark four in NSW I can shoot detailed photographs of which will help shorten the restoration time and advise personally some areas to concentrate on. This help was given to me in mid 1978 when I photographed the CW belonging to Kevin Cass in his motorcycle dealership in Unanderra which helped me immensely during the long rebuild of my 25 CW. The mk 4 left the factory in polychromatic blue and while reasonably complete is missing the complete exhaust system (woffle box and short headers) and a few bits and pieces.
Any help regarding links within this forum and key advice as to parts suppliers which may help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank.

Offline douglas1947

• Master Member
Re: Mark four Douglas Bathurst Australia
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:18 »
Hi Frank,

good choice to restore a T35 model!
There is just a woffle box on Ebay UK. I think there are no woffles at club spares, so are a rare part!. But you have also the possibility to get new pipes + standard silencers in UK.

Michael

Offline franky

« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2016 at 20:47 »
Thanks Michael for the heads up and info re the woffle. I really like the long headers into mufflers look of the 80& 90 plus models so that would be a realistic alternative.
Frank

Offline douglas1947

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2016 at 17:48 »
Hi Frank,

you can get the long pipes and silencers from "Armours" in Bournemouth UK, they have a webside and I think they will ship to Australia.

You should ask for a quote.

Happy new year
Michael

Offline franky

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 2017 at 19:07 »
Had a good look around the site Michael and listed it on my favourites.
Thanks,
Frank