Author Topic: Vale Jack Nelson  (Read 2310 times)

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
Vale Jack Nelson
« on: 28 Dec 2016 at 11:27 »

Long-time Douglas enthusiast Jack Nelson passed away on Christmas Eve, just a few days after his 93rd birthday.

Jack spent a lifetime with old bikes and cars, and was particularly fond of British racing motorcycles of the vintage period. He had a splendid collection of Nortons, Rudges and Douglases in the shed together with his early 3-litre Bentley, but if pushed he would happily nominate Douglas as his pet passion. Many will remember Jack and his favourite bike: his superb TT Douglas.

Jack's funeral is this Friday, December 30, 10.30 AM, at St Mary's Church, Grimshaw St, Greensborough, Melbourne.

I'll miss him greatly.

Leon

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: Vale Jack Nelson
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2016 at 22:09 »
Thanks for passing on the news Leon

He will be sadly missed indeed, a real enthusiast, and just a nice bloke too

Offline Rob S

Re: Vale Jack Nelson
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:13 »
Sorry to hear of Jack's passing. He helped my father a great deal with his many Douglas restorations going back over thirty years. I will also always be indebted to him for allowing me to have some of his treasured parts which have helped finish my Douglas jigsaws.
He was a genuine enthusiast and I am grateful that he rescued so many great machines, parts and photos from Australia's early racing history.
Rob.