Author Topic: expression of interest for douglas hub assemblies  (Read 2754 times)

Offline RockDr.

expression of interest for douglas hub assemblies
« on: 25 Nov 2015 at 08:59 »
Hi all douglas folks,

Wondering if anyone, or actually a collective of people , are interested in acquiring Douglas look alike/ reproduction hub assemblies. Hubs come with axles, nuts and shield roller bearings all assembled as in the photos for ease of replacement. Axle threads are all Right Hand UNF 3/8 from memory. Hubs assemblies come either un-plated for those who want to nickel plate them etc.. or plated as in the photos. Grease nipples can be attached for the period look too. "Douglas" can also be stamped ( obviously pending any  copyright approval?). minimum order of 5 sets will be needed before production starts and an obvious deposit will also be needed as a simple "yeah I would like some" will not suffice as I have been stung before.
Total cost for each hub assembly is $245 as seen in photos.
Intetested people can either PM me or simply reply here.

Cheers

PS. I have had these made for myself in the past.

Offline RockDr.

Re: expression of interest for douglas hub assemblies
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2015 at 22:19 »
No interest??? I really am amazed. ...

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Re: expression of interest for douglas hub assemblies
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2015 at 08:36 »
Hi RockDr
       You should not really be amazed as The LDMCC has had these as a stock item for many years with regular repeat orders as stocks became exhausted. The last order that I was aware of  was very slow moving as possibly we had satisfied the market at that time. I do not know whether or not these are still held by the Club's prewar spares section. Chris.