Author Topic: Australian Douglas National Rally 2016  (Read 5867 times)

Offline pjondeck

Australian Douglas National Rally 2016
« on: 21 Nov 2015 at 04:26 »
It is proposed to hold the Australian National Rally 2016 in Mildura, Victoria.
The rally will run from Friday 7th to Tuesday 11th October 2016.
The venue for the rally will be the APEX Caravan Park situated beside the River Murray.
Accommodation will be available at the venue in cabins, caravan sites and camping sites.
I have tentatively booked all of the cabin accommodation for the rally. In an attempt to best utilise the accommodation in a manner that allows as many as possible to be at the rally location this accommodation will not be released yet. It is my hope that attendees will organise themselves into groups of four or six to share cabin accommodation. There will be motel accommodation but that wont be very close by.
The rally will be hosted by the Sunraysia Historic Motorcycle Club who have very kindly offered to assist with many aspects of the rally, including marshalling, backup, ride route information, assisting with catering arrangements, etc.
In the New Year I will provide more information as it comes to hand and email entry forms by about March. I would much prefer to communicate via emails so if you are interested and I don't have your contact information, please email me on pj_on_deck@netspeesd.com.au
As I am resident in Canberra there will be certain challenges in organising a rally 800Kms away so I ask for your forbearance if I don't respond immediately.
Regards
Peter Davey

Offline Ian

• Master Member
Re: Australian Douglas National Rally 2016
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2016 at 04:07 »
Folks, Peter has done heaps of work on this - and the entry form is now available. Lets make sure we support this important event.

Offline Doug Frost

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:29 »
Peter Davey and associates,
I am holding four pages until late November for anything available from your 2016 gathering.
That issue will be January/February 2017, following that would end up in March and ancient history?.
I hope the event went off well, and maybe a bit lengthy to get material together.
G day cobbers.  Doug Frost  'The New Conrod' LDMCC.

Offline pjondeck

« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2016 at 20:36 »
Doug
Thank you for your message. Hugh and I will be getting something away to you in coming days.  I have been away since the rally with the caravan. Home tomorrow. Cheers
Peter