Author Topic: Rare Archive Info & Pics Of The Dixon Twin Cam 350 cc Douglas  (Read 8585 times)

Offline camchain charlie

Here are some archive info and pictures of the twin cam Douglas dad collected before doing his restoration , hope they are of interest to someone. I have also included some pics of the finished bike which dad sold in 2007 and was bought by the British Motorcycle Museum Birmingham .

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page

Thanks for posting these - very interesting! I wonder when the top photo was taken: it shows the bike with footrests but no clutch cable (present on the restored bike) is visible. Now Freddie Dixon was a foot board man, and although it's a bit fuzzy one of the photos shows him on the bike perhaps fitted with foot boards. Did he use a foot clutch when he raced it in the TTs in 1928?

Leon

Offline camchain charlie

Hi Leon
I think your right about freddie using foot boards and a foot clutch as in the racing pic i can make out the boards and lack of clutch lever. I don't know were or when the articles or photo where published.
Dad also had a photo copy of an R.A Instruction / workshop manual but sold it along with the remainder of his O.H.V spares / bikes to a guy in Perth Australia.
The only other articles i can find are a couple of sales pics for the SW / DT models and an article on the Bayley / Cole douglas.

Offline camchain charlie

Hi
Found Some More Info About The Twin Cam And 1928 Junior TT Results In Which Freddie Dixon Finished 18th

Offline Doug

• Administrator
An article I wrote for the New ConRod magazine in 2007 about the Dixon two cam, primarily dealing with the engine. There is a link to a PDF version at the bottom of the post.

A PDF version of the above.

-Doug
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2014 at 03:41 by Doug »

Offline camchain charlie

Doug
Thats fantastic information how did you come across that ? Pictures really good quality dad could of done with this whan he was restoring it. thanks for posting.  :)

Offline Doug

• Administrator
The patents are from the British patent office and the photos are from the British national archives.

-Doug