Author Topic: 1926?? identification - OC?  (Read 5646 times)

Offline britmc

• http://members.shaw.ca/britmc
1926?? identification - OC?
« on: 11 Oct 2012 at 21:00 »
Hi Folks

I'm sure you all get bored of people trying to identify these bikes but I need some help before I go about looking for wheels/transmission etc.   Frame number is E320D  Engine no is FL 102.2

I've been told this bike should have an OC 600 engine, the one I have is supposed to be a 1928 speedway engine.  Any help would be appreciated.  Wheels you want to part with???

Thanks, Al

« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2013 at 02:59 by Dave »

Offline Ian

• Master Member
Re: 1926?? identification
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2012 at 22:13 »
Sure looks like an OC !! The OC should have a frame prefix LFxxx and an engine number EDxxx - have you got the numbers you quote the right way round ?

Offline David Lawrence

Re: 1926?? identification
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2012 at 23:45 »
Hi Al
Further to Ian's observations, if the motor is a 1928 era motor the  number letter prefix will be EL, is the "F" very clear on your engine? the 1202 would place it late 28 or even 29. The frame,  as Ian says does look OC, if you do have your numbers the right way round the FL could have become blurred all OC frames we know about have only three digits, I suspect the D you have as the last character is the remnants of the Douglas trademark a D superimposed with a K, (See Doug's vivitar!!)
Any chance of getting a photo of both posted? I know the frame number is very difficult and often unclear in itself. If you really cannot get a photo you could try taking a "brass rubbing" with thin paper and a soft pencil, these scan rather well!
Good luck, sorry wheels are rather like hens teeth!!! :roll: :roll:
Dave