Author Topic: tool box  (Read 3392 times)

Offline ERIC BAYLISS

tool box
« on: 06 Dec 2012 at 20:54 »
  Can anyone please tell me size and shape of the tool box on a Mk 3 sports,    eric

Offline ERIC BAYLISS

Re: tool box
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2012 at 21:06 »
 As no one has answerd this question, may I ask if any one has got a good picture of the tool box on a Mk3 sports with upswept exhuasts so that I can make a pair.

Offline Dawn

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2012 at 10:23 »
Hi

If you go on the official club website Douglasmotorcycles.co.uk you will find the model range, scroll dow to the approx year and you will find a picture of a Mk 3 Sports, note they are more squarer, they are not the kidney shaped ones as per the Mk One.

I have a Mk 3 but my Dad made mine from fibreglass - many months work.  Mine are oversize so as he used some borrowed ones as a template.  They are do not fit onto the bike in the correct way due to being oversized. Don't make that mistake.

There may be some members down your way who may have a Mark 3 Sports to visit & get the correct diminsions.

I think the ISDT machine has them also, so Eddy if your keeping watch, do you have any dimensions....?

Offline ERIC BAYLISS

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2012 at 20:45 »
Thanks Dawn, have already looked at them but cant find one clear enough to use as a pattern

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2012 at 06:27 »
Eric,
       Send me a PM with your email address and I will forward the dimensions, and hopefully, some decent photos of my toolbox.
      Regards,
                   Eddie.