Well, life moves on and I am a little nearer to putting this bike on the road.
Thanks to Doug for the drawings, I have now got the constituent parts together and, if I can attach it I have a photo to show you.
The 'S' bends I had made by a local blacksmith in solid bar. It is just a case of brazing / welding it together. I have also made some new fastening blocks to clamp the bracket under the footboards.
One thing to mention Doug is that the drawings show a slightly larger diameter hole where the brackets fix to the frame (and it is mentioned that this might be a 'stretched' measurement) but I believe they should be 7/8" diam. because the pin through the frame is 7/8" o/d.
So, onward and upward ....