Author Topic: IDENTIFY DOUGLAS  (Read 10334 times)

Offline vintagebikes

IDENTIFY DOUGLAS
« on: 06 Dec 2006 at 19:10 »
 PLZ LET ME KNOW WHAT IS THIS MODEL OF DOUGLAS CALLED AND WHAT YEAR AND ENGINE AND FRAME NUMBER ARE LOCATED WHERE??????. TO EMAIL ME PLEASE USE THE PERSONAL MESSAGE LINK AT THE LEFT OF THIS MESSAGE.

Larger view

Email address removed for security purposes.  Replies to the open forum please. A.

« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2006 at 23:17 by alwyn »

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: IDENTIFY DOUGLAS
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2006 at 04:48 »
It is of the B29-B31 350cc series; I would say the 1931 B31 model, due to the features of a offset petrol cap, and the adjustable method of mounting the handlebars. The centerstand replaced the rear stand in 1930. The serial number for the frame will be stamped on the lug for the rear down tube, right-hand side (sometimes it is stamped horizontal on the same lug.) It will have a prefix code of FA*** followed by three or four digits. Douglas often stamped their trademark superimposed D and K after the frame number, so do not mistake it for an extra digit. The engine serial number will be stamped on the top of the crankcase, to the rear, adjacent to the magneto. Look at the area underneath the carburetor.  It will have a prefix code of EN*** followed by three or four digits. The gearbox serial number is stamped on the top of the gear case, adjacent to the joint for the cover. It will have a prefix code of RG/C*** or RG/E*** followed by three or four digits.

Offline jdaley

« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2007 at 12:33 »
I have an outfit similiar to this one with engine #EN 354, I thought there was a chart to assist with dating it, is it still around please?
John Daley
1929 350 Sidecar

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Forum Inspirer
« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2007 at 13:09 »
...., I thought there was a chart to assist with dating it, is it still around please?

John, You are in the right section - take this link and select the relevant table - for the '29 - 30's navigate to tables in Part 2. Repost if you need more.

Alwyn
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.